Operation Birthday

Author: Psychodivamom / Labels: , , , , , ,

So I attempted to do a plush toy and made too many pieces. Too many pieces resulted in just not fitting together properly. And here kids, we have a classic story of cause and effect. I drew up my plush pattern , cut out the pattern pieces and started sewing. The problem was I didn't think out this idea too clearly. So maybe when my brain functions better I will go revisit the idea of plush dolls.

My rambunctious daughter Amelie, turned 4 on the 16th and it turned into a HUGE thing for her since were away from all the family here in NC. I went big and did this insane cupcake theme. Her hairband, her skirt, her shirt and her first present was a cupcake necklace. So the end result was an embellished tank top, a really loud skirt (pebbles skirt, thanks to Positively Splendid's  tutorial,) that fits her personality perfectly and a sequin headband that had a felt cupcake. She loved every bit of it and lord help me, I think we are creating a div-ious monster. So here is the end result of her birthday outfit.

The embellished tank and her skirt, that was tweaked to add the embellished apron and piping accent.

A close up of the headband and her birthday necklace, thanks to my good friend, Jamie. 

0 comments: